Friday, July 07, 2006

What I'm gonna do!

It's been a dilemma from long, regarding what I'm to do after Btech and what should I try to add on to myself while I'm here in the college. One thing I know for sure, that I don't want to be an IT professional who just sits in front of a system and does coding and application designing. I demand more out of my life, but then I'm stuck with the options I have. And deciding which one I should choose is a question I don't have answers for convincing myself.

The first and foremost option is to prepare for CAT and decide on for a management degree from a decent B-School. I might actually go for it, but the prospects of trying for further studies at foreign universities also seem to be promising. Preparing for GRE might not be a big hurdle but my GPA which I've messed up in last two sems would certainly punch holes in my sail.
And the third option is to straight head for jobs in IT industry for which I'd need to focus more on Software projects and hone my programming skills. I'm least interested in this but this is most feasible and entirely within my reach.

Preparing for CAT translates to a surmountable amount of hardwork, communication skills and cut-throat competition. GRE preparation, though not that difficult is still not an easy task and would require increasing my GPA by enormous amount. Adding to that are VISA woes and complexities of the admission procedure.

The quandary continues but one thing I'd definetly like to get as much exposure as possible via internships, projects and if possible doing an internship in UK/US.
:)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

grt blog dude...!!!

keep it up!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aare dude..!!

tere blog mein mein kya karu..!!!

group blogs mein saath likh sakthe hai...
tere personal blog mein kyon??

6:17 AM  
Blogger Gaurav (Calvin) said...

@ Ravi
I wasn't talking about blogging together!! It was just a request for being members as a community.
As is the section for blogs I read, similar is the grp listing for blogger friends! Blogs then appear on each other's friend list!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

11:31 PM  
Blogger Gaurav (Calvin) said...

@ravi
oops, sorry i misunderstood grp blogging.
I thought that it was just about bunch of people being listed on each other's blog....

sry for previous comment....

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home