Sunday, July 16, 2006

Awaazon ke bazaron mein khamoshi pehchane kaun?

I just re-discovered this song by Jagjit Singh. It used to be the theme song for one of those good 'ol vintage serials of Doordarshan,"Neem Ka Ped".In my school days I used to love this serial and more than that, this song which piloted it. The lethargic and nostalgic face of Pankaj Kapur still shrouds me when I hear these lyrics.
The lyrics of this song strikes a very special chord wrapping my silence into words. It's kind of ironic. But it happens all the time. Whatever we ourselves can't express into words, when gets told by someone else to a very precise degree is bound to be appreciated by us. It relates to us and kind of introduces a sense of deja-vu.

Oh! I'm getting too much nostalgic now, so I guess I won't expand more on this blog or else the closely packed box of nostalgia will loose open!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home