Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Creative Writing

It was (if i remember correctly!) end of 2nd semester when I read the book "Lifelong Creativity" by Pradip N. Khandwalla(an IIM faculty). The book was kind of set of exercises on provocative thinking. The author had a firm belief that Creativity alone wasn't sufficient, one needed to be continuously creative over time.

Yesterday, when I was reading ET I came across an article suggesting degree courses(online, part-time and campus based) on creative writing. Most of the offering institutions were either UK or US based.(likes of De Montfort University etc). I think these courses instill more abilities and confidence along with crucial encouragement that makes it worth doing courses like these. One who is serious about writing can benefit himself a lot from these courses.

I dream further down the line, when I'm 3-4 years deep into my professional career I'll love to undergo one of these courses.(if by that time my priorities haven't undergone a drastic change!). One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to be just a technical professional or anything likewise. I've got to add some more dimensions to myself!

These lines make perfect sense to me:
"There is a part of me that wants to write, a part that wants to theorise, a part that wants to sculpt, a part that wants to reach beyond. To force myself into a single role, to decide to be just one thing in life, would kill off large parts of me..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the fall publication of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=yashaka ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home